Monday, February 20, 2012

trusting heart.

i want to write to you
i want you to know these parts of me that are quiet and without words in the moment
the pain in my chest that sometimes leaves me flat on my back
do.not.move.

on your breath
you carry a thousand words that dont exist yet
you are an inventor
poetic scientist
you fill my heart.
this prayer.filled body wants to believe every bird song that you sing
healing blue light and mantras
do.not.move.
let this take you under

and you will look into my eyes
the same way you have looked into every other lovers eyes before
i am not special. we are not special.
this secret that i am telling you now is that i want us to be special
i want us wide eyed, dancing, throwing bottles full of our tears into
the ocean, the sky
the highway behind us
a sparkle on the water and the true and stunning belief that we have been here before
we will laugh and we will dance and we will cry and yell and feel guilty
we will sing and sometimes it will fall flat and and i wont know what to do to save you
the fear that you will not see me
when it counts.




No comments:

Post a Comment